Head Coach and current USA National Team Coach Sveta Prokopova has a sparkling athletic lineage as well. She was a member of Ukraine’s 2012 London Olympic team and has participated in numerous World Cups and World Championships, including the 2013 World Championships.
Her accomplishments include:
- Universiade bronze medalist in group
- Silver medalist at Gimnasiada in Qatar
- participated in numerous World Cups in Moscow, Minsk, Italy, Israel, France , Portugal, Prague, Slovenia, Korea, Spain and more, from top 6 to gold medalists
- 12-time Ukrainian Champion in Group competition
- Bronze medalists at 2013 Rhythmic World Championships in ten clubs event
- Placed 5th AA in finals at 2012 London Olympics
Transitioning to coaching, she became the assistant coach of Ukraine’s Junior Group National Team, a post she left to join Emerald City. A long-time athlete and coach at the Deriugina School in Kiev, Sveta brings expertise in world class, high-level training, competition and coaching to her role.
San Diego native and recently retired USA National Team veteran Dasha Baltovick combines significant international competing experience with a love of teaching girls the wonders of rhythmic gymnastics, especially group.
Dasha began her rhythmic gymnastics training at the age of 6 in San Diego. At age 8, she moved to Kiev, Ukraine to train at one of the most prestigious rhythmic training facilities in the world, The Derugina School (home gym of Head Coach Sveta).
Four years later, she moved to Chicago to train and became an elite rhythmic gymnast (top 12 in the country), as a junior and kept her elite status as a senior. Dasha has been a medalist in numerous national and international competitions.
In 2016, she was selected to be part of the USA Senior National Team in Group Rhythmic Gymnastics, where she trained and competed from 2017-2019. Recent accomplishments are:
- Gold Medalist in USA National Championships All Around in 2017 & 2018
- Pan American Championship All Around Silver Medalist in Florida, USA 2017, as well as Gold Medalist in Five Hoops and Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls
- Pan American Championship All Around Silver Medalist in Lima, Peru 2018, as well as Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls
- Turin, Italy vs USA All Around Silver Medalist 2017
- Portimao, Spain World Cup All Around Bronze medalist, and Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls 2017
- Grand Prix Thiais, France Silver Medalist 2017 in Five Hoops.
Currently Dasha has retired from the competitive world and is pursuing her passion in coaching. As a coach she is committed to sharing her passion, educating and training others in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Claudia comes from Zaragosa, Spain, and has been coaching all levels of rhythmic gymnastics since 2008. She is a graduate of the University of Zaragoza graduated and has a BA in Physical Education and Sports. Claudia also has a Masters in Education.
Claudia has 16 years of coaching experience and currently coaches, recreational, rhythmic excel, pre-team, and level 3-5 athletes.
AGG National Team Coach
RG Ballet Teacher
She began studying classical ballet at age nine in her native Kiev, Ukraine. She studied at the National Choreographic Ballet School of Ukraine and danced with the National Theatre of Opera and Ballet. Ms. Tokareva came to the United States in 1992 to continue her study of the Vaganova Method with the Nutmeg Conservatory for the Arts in Connecticut graduating with honors in 1994. In 1998 Ms. Tokareva graduated cum laude from the University of Hartford’s Hartt School of Music and Ballet Pedagogy. Her main coach was world famous Prima Ballerina Alla Osipenko from Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Ballet Achievements include:
- 2011- YAGP San Diego/ Top 12 Pre-Competitive Contemporary (PCC)
- 2012- Top 12 PCC, 3rd Place Ensemble
- 2013- Top 12 PCC, 1st Place Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Ensemble
- 2014- 1st PCC, 2nd Place Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical and Top 12 PCC
- 2015- Outstanding Teacher, 3rd Place PCC, Top 12 Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Junior Classical and Top
12 Pre-Competitive Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Ensembles
- 2016-Top 12 PCC, Top 12 Junior Classical, 3rd Place Junior Contemporary, 3rd Place Junior Classical and
Top 12 Junior Contemporary, 3rd Place Pre-Competitive Men’s Classical
- 2017- 2nd Place PCC, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical, Top 12 Junior Contemporary, 1st Place Junior
Contemporary, 1st Place PCC
- 2018- 2nd Place Pre-Competitive Classical, 3rd Place Pre-Competitive Classical, Top 12 PCC, 1st Place
Trio, 1st Place Ensemble, 2nd Place Pre-Competitive Contemporary, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical
- YAGP Los Angeles: 1st Place PCC, Top 12 PCC, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical
AGG Achievements include:
- Developed #1 team in North America
- Created team uniforms and competition attire
- Provided guest coaches, judges, and choreography for international competitions,
- Manages social media network to connect with teams around the world
- Team Grace invited to train this summer in Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, and Spain
- Qualified for Finals at the World Championships and World Championships #14 finish!
- Placed 2nd at Tallinn Trophy and 10th at World Cup III in Estonia
Ashley began rhythmic gymnastics at the age of 8 at Emerald City. She reached Level 7 before retiring and decided to help out at EMC as a junior coach. Two years ago, Ashley was promoted to a coaching position for beginner levels. Ashley genuinely loves working with younger children and is super excited to watch them take their first steps in rhythmic gymnastics. Ashley also takes USAG lectures to keep up with new developments in the sport for youth. We love watching Ashley coach and see the progress with our little ones!