Head Coach and current USA National Team Coach Sveta Prokopova has a sparkling athletic lineage as well. She was a member of Ukraine’s 2012 London Olympic team and participated in numerous World Cups and World Championships, including the 2013 World Championships. Transitioning to coaching, she became the assistant coach of Ukraine’s Junior National Group Team, a post she left to join Emerald City. A long-time athlete and then coach at the Deriugina School in Kiev, Sveta brings expertise in world class, high-level training, competition and coaching to her role.
Iordanka “Dani” Kovatchka is a former Bulgarian National Team Group athlete and was European Junior and Senior Championships Gold Medalist (1989 and 1990) and World Senior Championships Silver Medalist in 1991.
As a coach, she trained elite athletes in Bulgaria and Spain before moving to the USA. She has coached in the San Diego area for the last twelve years. Dani was previously region one coach of the year and JO Coach of the year, and was Head Coach at SoCal Rhythmics for ten years.
In addition, she has developed many programs that expanded options for her gymnasts, including Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced groups.
Claudia comes from Zaragosa, Spain, and has been coaching all levels of rhythmic gymnastics since 2008. She is a graduate of the University of Zaragoza graduated and has a BA in Physical Education and Sports. Claudia also has a Masters in Education.
Claudia has 16 years of coaching experience and currently coaches recreational, Rhythmic Excel, pre-team, Level 3 and Level 4 athletes
San Diego native and recently retired USA National Team veteran Dasha Baltovick combines significant international competing experience with a love of teaching girls the wonders of rhythmic gymnastics, especially group.
Dasha began her Rhythmic Gymnastics training at the age of 6 in San Diego. At age 8 she moved to Kiev, Ukraine, to train at one of the most prestigious rhythmic training facilities in the world, The Derugina School (home gym of Head Coach Sveta)
Four years later she moved to Chicago to train and became an Elite rhythmic gymnast, (top 12 in the country) as a junior and kept her Elite status as a senior. Dasha has been a medalist in numerous national and international competitions.
In 2016 she was selected to be part of the USA Senior National Team in Group Rhythmic Gymnastics, where she trained and competed from 2017-2019. Recent accomplishments are:
- Gold Medalist in USA National Championships All Around in 2017 & 2018
- Pan American Championship All Around Silver Medalist in Florida, USA 2017, as well as Gold Medalist in Five Hoops and Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls
- Pan American Championship All Around Silver Medalist in Lima, Peru 2018, as well as Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls
- Turin, Italy vs USA All Around Silver Medalist 2017
- Portimao, Spain World Cup All Around Bronze medalist, and Silver Medalist in Ropes and Balls 2017
- Grand Prix Thiais, France Silver Medalist 2017 in Five Hoops.
Currently Dasha has retired from the competitive world and is pursuing her passion in coaching. As a coach she is committed to sharing her passion, educating and training others in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Elena Tokareva Baltovick serves as both ballet instructor and Aesthetic Group Gymnastics Coach.
She began studying classical ballet at age nine in her native Kiev, Ukraine. She studied at the National Choreographic Ballet School of Ukraine and danced with the National Theatre of Opera and Ballet. Ms. Tokareva came to the United States in 1992 to continue her study of the Vaganova Method with the Nutmeg Conservatory for the Arts in Connecticut graduating with honors in 1994. In 1998 Ms. Tokareva graduated cum laude from the University of Hartford’s Hartt School of Music and Ballet Pedagogy. Her main coach was world famous Prima Ballerina Alla Osipenko from Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Ballet Achievement include:
● 2011- YAGP San Diego/ Top 12 Pre-Competitive Contemporary (PCC)
● 2012- Top 12 PCC, 3rd Place Ensemble
● 2013- Top 12 PCC, 1st Place Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Ensemble
● 2014- 1st PCC, 2nd Place Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical and Top 12 PCC
● 2015- Outstanding Teacher, 3rd Place PCC, Top 12 Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Junior Classical and Top
12 Pre-Competitive Junior Contemporary, Top 12 Ensembles
● 2016-Top 12 PCC, Top 12 Junior Classical, 3rd Place Junior Contemporary, 3rd Place Junior Classical and
Top 12 Junior Contemporary, 3rd Place Pre-Competitive Men’s Classical
● 2017- 2nd Place PCC, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical, Top 12 Junior Contemporary, 1st Place Junior
Contemporary, 1st Place PCC
● 2018- 2nd Place Pre-Competitive Classical, 3rd Place Pre-Competitive Classical, Top 12 PCC, 1st Place
Trio, 1st Place Ensemble, 2nd Place Pre-Competitive Contemporary, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical
● YAGP Los Angeles: 1st Place PCC, Top 12 PCC, Top 12 Pre-Competitive Classical
AGG Achievement include:
● developed team named #1 in North America
● created team uniforms and competition attire
● provided guest coaches, judges, and choreography for international competitions,
● manages social media network to connect with teams around the world
● Team Grace invited to train this summer in Italy, Finland, Bulgaria, and Spain
● made Finals at the World Championships and World Championships #14 finish!